The Forest Service has issued a Forest Order detailing restrictions on campfires, smoking, and welding within the San Bernardino National Forest. Please visit the link above.
In addition, due to the dry conditions, a new Forest Order has closed the following target shooting areas through Dec 31st:
- 1N09 off Highway 330 near Highland/San Bernardino (was already closed due to road damage after the Feb. 14 winter storm)
- Bee Canyon off Highway 74 near Hemet (was already closed due to road damage after the Feb. 14 winter storm)
- Lightning Gulch in the Barton Flats area
- Arrastre to the east of Big Bear
- Big Pine Flats to the north of Big Bear