Fish creek saddle views

Home Forums Trail Conditions Fish creek saddle views

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Stevew
      Participant

Thinking to overnit fish creek saddle. Does anyone know if FC Saddle has nice sun rise/set views. Would Trail Flat Camp near mineshaft saddle be a better view. Thanks.

MikeH
      Participant

Sunrise view is nice. (see pic in my trail report below). Not much of a sunset view.

I would think Trail Flats would have a better views in that respect because it’s more out in the open.

Hikin Jim
      Participant

Trail Flat is kind of down in a bowl.  True, it’s very open, but I don’t think you’d have much of a sunset view, and probably no sunrise view at all because of Zahniser Peak which is just ENE of Trail Flat.

Limber Pine Bench has probably the best sunset view.  The camp on the summit of San Gorgonio Mountain has I think the best sunrise view.

HJ

Stevew
      Participant

Thanks,  I also read about Lake peak but it looks like a lot of scrambling off trail.

Hikin Jim
      Participant

Lake Peak does involve some scrambling, but I wouldn’t call it a lot.  The summit itself is rocky and does require some easy scrambling.  Lake Peak is a lot easier than, say, Marion Mountain in the San Jacintos (if you’re familiar with that peak).  The majority of the peak is actually pretty flat.

You do have to have some comfort with cross country navigation.  You can go up out of either Fish Creek or Lodgepole Saddle.  Lodgepole Saddle is the small saddle on the east side of Zahniser Peak between Mineshaft Saddle and Fish Creek Saddle.

HJ

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.