Upper fish creek to summit.

Home Forums Trail Conditions Upper fish creek to summit.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  shawnsisler 5 months ago.

• Author

Josh
    Participant

In the spring I was hoping to do upper fish creek to mineshaft saddle. Camp at dry lake and summit San G. I did this trail before the Lake Fire and was wondering how open and accessible the trail is since. I understand 1N05 is closed and don’t mind the hike from lower fish creek meadow but would like to plan at least an overnighter with a summit. Thanks!

Josh

shawnsisler
    Participant

Hi Josh,

SGWA has worked hard to rebuild and clear the Aspen Grove / Fish Creek trail to try to get them usable again.

That area was hit hard by the Lake Fire 2015 which left a lot of dead standing trees and ground burnt clear of all vegetation.  Thus the trail is prone to down tree obstructions and trail washouts. Also since the trail has been out of use for 3 ½ years now, it can be hard to keep back new vegetation from over growing the trail.

After the end of winter the trail will have to be re-assessed to see what the weather has done to it.

Thus it is hard to say what the trail status will be until that time.

SGWA volunteer

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.