Reply To: Vivian Creek and San Bernardino Peak trail conditions?

Home Forums Trail Conditions Vivian Creek and San Bernardino Peak trail conditions? Reply To: Vivian Creek and San Bernardino Peak trail conditions?

RangerDave
Participant

Hello Todd,

I was up on Vivian Creek this past weekend so I can tell you about that trail but I don’t have any info on San B.  Vivian is clear all the way to Halfway Camp and about a mile past with just little patches of snow here and there.  But… getting to High Creek is still ice axe and crampon conditions, mandatory!  There is no trail going up to High Creek, you go straight up the side of the mountain.  In fact, I set a whole slew of pink ribbons to help guide people up because if you try and follow the trail, it’s not there.  There are still several feet of snow at High Creek and again, no trail going up where the switchbacks are supposed to be, it goes straight up, but no pink ribbons, I haven’t gone up that far.  It’s pretty straight forward though.  There is plenty of water everywhere all the way to High Creek so don’t worry about that.  Have your permit ready and the right gear, I will be up there and will not let you go up without proper gear.  I turned around a group of four last weekend.  Once the trails are back it will be fine to have just micro spikes, not yet.  See you up there,

Ranger Dave out.

Comments are closed.