Reply To: The Lake Fire Closure has Expired, and there is no New Order

Home Forums Trail Conditions The Lake Fire Closure has Expired, and there is no New Order Reply To: The Lake Fire Closure has Expired, and there is no New Order

chris in redlands
Participant

Here are a few photos I took today. These are all panoramas or photoshperes, so you can pan and zoom around in them. I tried to focus on well known spots, nice landscapes, and places that were particularly badly burned, though the whole trail is pretty bad.

This set of photos include some photos from every part of the trail to Dry Lake, and a ton of wildflower photos. The juxtaposition of all the amazing wildflowers with all the standing burned and dead trees was a little confusing.

This video is kind of crummy and might make you seasick, but it illustrates just how many frogs there were around Dry Lake! Ha!

The USFS / SGWA have done a tremendous job in clearing the trail and getting the loose spots shored up. Just on the way to Dry Lake, there were a number if large trees that had fallen on the trail that had been bucked recently. I was sweating just thinking about how much work that must have been! Ha!

Chris

Comments are closed.