Reply To: Hunting SGWA, Vivian Creek (5/1) and Mineshaft Flats (5/23-5/25) with pictures

Home Forums Trail Conditions Hunting SGWA, Vivian Creek (5/1) and Mineshaft Flats (5/23-5/25) with pictures Reply To: Hunting SGWA, Vivian Creek (5/1) and Mineshaft Flats (5/23-5/25) with pictures

MikeH
Participant

Justin,

First- Great pics.  Thanks for sharing.

Regarding carrying/ hunting- head over to the Calguns.net forum.  They have a wealth of knowledge there.  There is even a hunting/ fishing section.

If you were openly carrying, I would imagine most people might give a sideways glance but that would be it.  A few might gasp(!).

If you looked like a hunter (camo, orange vest/ hat etc), they’d probably assume you were hunting or perhaps some “official”.  Although, I didn’t even realize there were hunters on the trails until I ran across them the first time.

With your California CCW, you can carry concealed however you like as long as it’s concealed.  I would think a simple molle attached chest pouch would give you quick access and still abide by the concealed carry laws.  I can’t imagine trying to carry in a hip holster with a backpack!

I’ve been backpacking a few years now in and around the SGWA and the only deer I’ve seen was the one a group of hunters were carrying out.  I’ve never seen a bear.

Comments are closed.