Reply To: Hunting SGWA, Vivian Creek (5/1) and Mineshaft Flats (5/23-5/25) with pictures

Home Forums Trail Conditions Hunting SGWA, Vivian Creek (5/1) and Mineshaft Flats (5/23-5/25) with pictures Reply To: Hunting SGWA, Vivian Creek (5/1) and Mineshaft Flats (5/23-5/25) with pictures

Hikin Jim
Participant

Justin,

You sound like an intelligent, thoughtful person, so you’ve probably already thought of this, but, just in case:  Please don’t assume that hikers are restricted to trails.  My daughter and I, for example, did two cross country routes in the wilderness over Memorial Day Weekend.

There are also trails that are abandoned — and not shown on conventional maps — but that some people may still know about and still use.

If it’s any help:  I’ve plotted pretty much everything I know of in the SGW on this map:  https://caltopo.com/m/0P77.  There will always be people going cross country beyond what I’ve plotted, but I’ve plotted what I can.  Do note that the routes and such that I’ve plotted were plotted by hand and are approximate in nature.

HJ

Comments are closed.