Reply To: Hwy 38 closed from Angelus Oaks turnoff to Jenks Lake Rd

Home Forums Trail Conditions Hwy 38 closed from Angelus Oaks turnoff to Jenks Lake Rd Reply To: Hwy 38 closed from Angelus Oaks turnoff to Jenks Lake Rd

hiker girl
Participant

Yes – so, so sad!  The Forsee Creek loop is one of my favorites, as is the Bernardino Divide trail :(.  So hard for the crews to work to get the debris cleared up, only to get more heavy downpours!  Just can’t win with all the devastation – don’t even get me started about all of that!  Burn areas and water are a bad combination; probably awhile before I do Forsee if the trails are even recoverable.  So, so sad! 🙁

I was shocked to see that the Yucaipa Ridge got 2.28 in of rain on 8/13!  Not surprised to see all those all too familiar grey rocks along with tree trunks pouring off the mountains onto the roads around Forest Falls (KTLA had video)!  Even in the Mecca area, out in the barren Mojave past Palm Springs, they got slammed with 0.91 inches!  So don’t plan on doing the Mecca Ladders anytime soon!

Are ANY San G trails accessible now?  Doesn’t look like it from news footage.

Thank you so much, SGWA volunteers, for all you do for us!  So, SO appreciated!

Latest closure per Caltrans:

This highway information is the latest reported as of Sunday, August 14th, 2022 at 07:07 PM.

SR 38
[IN THE SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA AREA]
IS CLOSED FROM MILL CREEK RD /IN ANGELUS OAKS/ TO 5.2 MI EAST OF AANGELUS OAKS /AT JENKS LAKE RD/ (SAN BERNARDINO CO) – DUE TO A MUDSLIDE – MOTORISTS ARE ADVISED TO USE AN ALTERNATE ROUTE – RESIDENTS WITH PROPER IDENTIFICATION WILL BE ALLOWED ACCESS

Comments are closed.