Reply To: Momyer and Falls Creek current trail conditions?

Home Forums Trail Conditions Momyer and Falls Creek current trail conditions? Reply To: Momyer and Falls Creek current trail conditions?

hiker girl
Participant

I lookd at DB’s excellent map, and the Falls Creek Trail and the area where the Momyer trail goes up to just east of San B East Peak.  Map does indicate lower portions of Momyer may have burned in El Dorado, and upper area by San B East burned in a different burn scar.  Falls Creek appears outside the burned area.

Yay!  I did Gaia track that hike we did in 2019!  Did loop of Falls trail to Dollar Saddle then up the Bernardino Divide and down the Momyer trail near San B East (such nice views from that peak!).  Total was 20.46 mi and about 5650′ elevation gain/loss.  That day was exploratory and took us 10 hours.

I’m happy to do it with you, Jerry, and any other xp hikers who’ve also done it and want to see current conditions.  It is not one to do alone, at least for me.

Friend and I yest Sun 8/18 ran into a guy up high on Dollar to San G spur yest who came up Falls and encountered a bear he had to scare off.  He does that trail regularly and has seen that bear more than once.  He was solo and is xp and had bear spray he almost had to deploy.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 3 days ago by hiker girl.

Comments are closed.