Advice wanted: Momyer vs Fish creek, campsites, water

Home Forums Trail Conditions Advice wanted: Momyer vs Fish creek, campsites, water

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      samtonka
      Participant

Hello,

I saw one post about the trails at Momyer. I am trying to decide between camping along the Momyer trail versus the Fish Creek TH, thinking FC Saddle, before going up to SG summit the next day.

I am ok to hike in a few hours to get to Saxon Camp, but can anyone give me pros and cons of this trailhead vs Fish Creek? Or at least why you think Momyer is a good trail?

I do like that it offers more solitude, but also want nice camping areas.

Thanks so much in advance!

chris in redlands
      Participant

Momyer is hotter and buggier than fish creek. It is on the mountain’s south face so it sees more sun. Neither trail is particularly busy. There is more water on momyer. Fish creek is easier. Drive in to momyer is a turnout on a main paved road. Road to fish creek trail is not trivial. Easy to find additional info by web search on both. Have fun!

samtonka
      Participant

OK, thanks Chris in Redlands for your help! I have found some additional info and have a permit for Fish Creek now. I think I’ll camp at the summit as well one night. Much appreciated! PS- any idea how I upload a pic for my profile? Can’t find / figure out how to do so. Thank you!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.