Are trailheads open?

Home Forums Trail Conditions Are trailheads open?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Brian
      Participant

Hello,

I was wondering if the trailheads are still open, given the coronavirus pandemic. I know that the Forest Service statement specifically states that:

“While designated recreation sites will be closed, the general Forest area including the extensive trail system will remain open and available to the public. Hiking and walking outdoors are widely considered beneficial to maintaining one’s health. It is the intent of USDA Forest Service to maintain trail access to the extent practicable.”

Also, if anyone has an update on the conditions after the last storm, that would be amazing!

– Brian

Tin Cup
      Participant

The last I heard they are open . Here is a quote from another thread from Ranger Lon

”Email permit requests are being processed remotely while the Visitor Center is closed. If you send a permit request to our email addresses (indicated on the top of the forms) I am processing them from home and sending back approved copies.

If you fax a request form, it will be picked up from the office when possible and processed, but not as quickly as the emailed requests.

Hopefully, when everything finally blows over, we can return to normal operation and hit the ground running. Until then please be safe, and be aware of local and State restrictions that may change whether these activities are advisable.”

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.