Average Overnight Temps at Dry Lake?

Home Forums Trail Conditions Average Overnight Temps at Dry Lake?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Josh
      Participant

I will be camping overnight at Dry Lake at the end of and the month was wondering what temperatures to expect overnight.

TvZ
      Participant
      TvZ
      Participant

FYI, when using mountainforecast.com  make sure you check Fahrenheit otherwise everything will be in Celsius and the winds will be in kilometers per hour by default I believe.

Josh
      Participant

Yeah, I always check mountain forecast before heading out. Just wanted to know what other’s previous experiences were like.

GeneM
      Participant

I always use that site, too, but in this case it was not accurate.  Mountain-forecast.com predicted 50s for Dry Lake, day and night, last weekend, but it was more like low 40s down in that valley.  This often happens when cold air flows down somewhere and collects.  Just plan for about 10 degrees less than it says for Dry Lake or similar geography.

Tod
      Participant

When I look at the highs and lows shown on https://www.mountain-forecast.com/peaks/San-Gorgonio/forecasts/3505, they are same or within 1-2 degrees of each other… this can’t be right – why? Camping at Dry Lake on the 25th of September…any ideas about how cold it might get appreciated. Thanks – Tod

Ed
      Participant

This website is new to me.  My initial reaction was that I could not believe the numbers, that there should be 20-30 degrees F of cooling at night.  But the NWS is showing only about a 10 degree F difference between day and night for the area currently.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.