Conditions at Limber Pine or Trail Fork Springs?

Home Forums Trail Conditions Conditions at Limber Pine or Trail Fork Springs?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      CK
      Participant

Hi – I’m heading up this weekend 5/12 and am curious aboit the conditions at Limber Pine or Trail Fork Springs?

Is there snow there? Is it clear to camp and is the San Bernadino peak accessible.

Thanks so much.

Tracey
      Participant

Hi, I am researching for a future date, for which we have camping permit.  Would appreciate to hear what you found.  Most importantly, water availability?  Thanks!

Futzy1
      Participant

I’m heading up the same way next weekend, the 19th and 20th. Let me know what you guys see as far as conditions and water.

Thanks,

Futzy

Futzy1
      Participant

I’m heading up there next weekend, let me know what you see as far as conditions and water.

Thanks.

Amy
      Participant

Me, too — planning a loop trip the last week of May 2018, from Forsee Cr TH to John’s Meadow, then Limber Pine, then Trail Fork Springs.  Any info on water sources and trail conditions there would be very helpful!  Esp Trail Fork Spgs, since searching the forum for “Trail Fork” pulls up many threads about South Fork, instead.

CK
      Participant

This past weekend I camped at John’s Meadow. There’s lots of water from Forsee Creek and the offshoot on the other side of the camp. We hiked to Limber Pine, but did not check water there.

There was no snow or ice on the way, it was a beautiful weekend! Looking forward to returning for Memorial Day.

CK
      Participant

Here’s a picture from Limber Pine on Saturday 5/12. No snow, not sure about water, I didn’t make it to the spring.

Limber Pine Campsite

Rsv
      Participant

5-26-18 Trail fork spring is flowing at a rate 0f approx. 1/2 litre a minute. Would advise using a large container (i.e. sea to summit foldable bucket) to catch flow from pipe in order to pump from. Very muddy around spring box.

LarryB
      Participant

5/27/18 – High Meadow Springs is similar to Trail Fork. Maybe even a liter per minute but slow.

5/28/18 – The spring up the trail from Limber Pines Bench is flowing fairly well.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.