Dobbs Camp Status

Home Forums Trail Conditions Dobbs Camp Status

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      shawnsisler
      Participant

On Sunday 04/15/2018 the Momyer Parking Lot only had 5 cars at 7am. The trail is good and clear to San Bernardino Peak junction. The trail to Alger Creek Camp is good and there is a lot of water at Alger Creek Camp. The trail to Dobbs Camp junction is also good.

The 1/2 mile trail from Falls Creek Trail to Dobbs Camp does have many down trees but the trail goes under or around them with no problem. But it isn’t recommended by horseback. There is plenty of water at Dobbs Camp and all camp sites are clean. So please remember there is no camp fires allowed in the San Gorgonio Wilderness or at any of the wilderness camp sites!

SGWA volunteer

dlh
      Participant

Thanks for the post.  Any update on the San Bernardino Divide trail above Dollar Lake saddle to San Gorgonio or the Vivian Creek trail to the summit?

Enclosed is a picture of San Gorgonio taken 04-14-2018 from the hill on the north side of Mine Shaft saddle. San Gorgonio, North face, April 2018

shawnsisler
      Participant

Nice picture and such a clear day.

I haven’t been on the San Bernardino Divide but the snow pack starts around 9000 ft. The current snow pack is a very hard icy surface that might soften a little on a warm day.¬†Also I have been told by other hikers that have made it to the summit that it is only reachable using Crampons and Ice Axe.

The conditions are always changing and the current snow pack dept is about 1 – 2 ft.

SGWA volunteer

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.