Dollar Lake, camp and spring.

Home Forums Trail Conditions Dollar Lake, camp and spring.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      roryt63
      Participant

they are both dry if you are planning to camp there bring water or for now you could spend time melting snow. Also there’s a couple spots on the trail down to lake with fallen trees you’ll have to go around. There is plenty of dry ground for camping.

roryt63
      Participant

Dollar Lake 4-20-2021

roryt63
      Participant

4-20-2021

MikeH
      Participant

Thanks for the report, Rory.

Phuongy
      Participant

Hi Rory,

Was wondering if you made it up to the summit? And how was the snow condition getting there? Planning to hike that this Saturday,  is snowshoes and crampons necessary or microspikes is sufficient? Thank you for your updates!

roryt63
      Participant

Hi, no I didn’t go any further than dollar lake but on my way to lake Tuesday I passed two young women and then one gent all headed down. The two ladies went to the summit and said that it was not bad at all and they didn’t even put their spikes on. The gent turned back just passed dry lake view saying he felt he needed spikes at that point. I believe poles and spikes would be all required. I had taken those plus an axe but the windy night, being alone and the lack of water were enough for me to call it for that trip.

Phuongy
      Participant

Hi Rory- thank you for the information. I’ll definitely bring my spikes just in case it’s needed to summit.  Looking forward to hiking it tomorrow.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.