Dollar Lake Has Water

Home Forums Trail Conditions Dollar Lake Has Water

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      shawnsisler
      Participant

It sure is nice to see water in Dollar Lake again.

Currently Dollar Lake Camp is full for advance overnight permit for the next 2 Saturday Nights but is available to enjoy for the day! Or there are “day of issue” permits available which are issued in the morning at the Mill Creek Ranger Station. These “day of issue” permits go very quickly and there is usually a line when the office opens at 7am Saturday morning.

The South Fork trail is now in good condition again after SGWA volunteers have spent the last couple months repairing tread and removing tree obstacles.

Happy Hiking.

SGWA volunteer

stbrnnr
      Participant

After all the dry years, fire and possible geologic-change theories it is truly fantastic to see this confirmation and pic–thanks, Shawn!

8 weeks or so ago i was hoping all the white stuff in this similar image perspective might bring Ol’ Dollar back for a bit.  It may well be a fleeting appearance so catch it while you can…

dlh
      Participant

Just a week after the picture provided in the original post, a great deal of melt on the lower portion of Charlton (picture enclosed). FYI, still a significant amount of snow on the trail above Dry Lake View on the San Bernardino Divide Trail.

Dollar Lake, viewed from the east end. June 22, 2019

shawnsisler
      Participant

Great comparison pictures!

It is amazing how much nature can change in a short time.

By comparing the first picture and the last picture it appears the water level has risen because of the log at the bottom of photo is now surrounded by water.

I wonder how high the water level will rise?

chris in redlands
      Participant

…and here’s Dollar Lake yesterday.

dollar lake

dollar lake

Dollar Lake

BrianD
      Participant

Well Chris, it appears we had a near miss yesterday. Here’s my boy Milo at Dollar 6/30.

chris in redlands
      Participant

Hey! We might even have passed each other. We stopped by the lake on our way up. My photos tell me we were there from about 11:40am to 12:15pm and on the way down from the Charletons later we passed a group of folks headed down to dollar lake…we saw them at the junction above the lake at like 4:30pm. Good to see lots of people out on the trails!

roryt63
      Participant

Besides the lake itself where is the closest water to Dry Lake camp?? Heading up late Friday and may end up at camp just after dark. Hoping there is water close so I don’t have to carry it from the junction where I know there is high flow.  Thanks for any information you can provide.

BrianD
      Participant

Chris – looks like the picture I posted was taken at 1:40 p.m. As I said, near miss!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.