Dry Lake & Dollar Lake Water Sources

Home Forums Trail Conditions Dry Lake & Dollar Lake Water Sources

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Andrew
      Participant

Hi,

I am planning on hiking the South Fork trail to Dry Lake, doing the Summit, and looping to Dollar Lake. Is there still water at both dry lake and dollar lake? I am doing 2 night, 3 day trip from 7/7-7/9.

Thank you so much for the information!

Andrew

sfabre194
      Participant

Yes for both camps. I was there doing your route last week but in reverse.  Dollar Lake spring is running well at the far end of the lake.  Don’t drink the lake water.  As far as Dry Lake is concerned, camp at Lodgepole and take the trail heading away from the lake. Go just beyond the first site of water and you will see a couple of mini water falls from the spring.

Andrew
        Participant

Thank you so much for the helpful information!

Richard
      Participant

I was at Dry Lake this past Friday and Saturday nights. There was a reliable source of water at Lodgepole Springs east of Dry Lake. So you should be good at that location.

ChristieB
      Participant

Hello. Does anyone have any recent water source updates for Dollar Lake since the last post at the beginning of July? I’m going this weekend. TIA!

BrianD
      Participant

My son was at Dollar Lake this past Sunday, 7/19, and said it looked like the spring was still running. The lake is pretty dried up, but he said there was a group over by the spring and he could hear it. He did not go over and actually see it though. So that’s as close as I can get you. Hope it helps.

Brian

acbarnes33
      Participant

Are there any Dry Lake/Dollar Lake loop water updates? Would love to head out for a 1 or 2 nighter next week, but it all depends on water availability since I’m a water hog. Thanks in advance!

brichardsson
      Participant

there is lots and lots of water at dry lake. be prepared to filter it obviously, but the lake is still really deep.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.