Dry Lake/Lodgepole Water

Home Forums Trail Conditions Dry Lake/Lodgepole Water

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      sfabre194
      Participant

I’m assuming with the late snow this year that Dry Lake and Lodgepole spring will have water for the next few weeks.  I’m checking anyway just to see.

Ranger Lon
      Participant

Lodgepole Spring is pretty reliable most years. We did have a problem with it at the end of the drought, but before then it ran well to the end of summer most years. If you plan to go soon, you should be OK. If you are planning for late August or later, you’ll want to check back again to get the latest status.

Also, you should count of the water at South Fork Meadow as it flows year round. Maybe top off when you go through on the way up and if Lodgepole is running low when you get there, save your water for the stay and top off on the way back out as you cross South Fork creek.

sfabre194
      Participant

I’ll be camping at Lodgepole on my way from Dollar Lake and San Gorgonio. I’ll probably tank up at Dollar Lake and hopefully I’ll have just enough to make it To Lodgepole.

MikeH
      Participant

Quick clarification-

What trail are you taking?  Trying to picture how you’re going to get to Lodgepole Spring from Dollar Lake, unless you’re planning on summiting San G after Dollar lake and then heading back down to Dry Lake to camp at Lodgepole Spring.

sfabre194
      Participant

From Dollar lake I’m hiking to San G and down to Dry Lake. I’ll either camp there or Lodgepole Spring.

MikeH
      Participant

Got it.  Sounds like a great trip.

thehikinggirl
      Participant

Filled up on water at Dry Lake this past Sunday 6/14/2020. Plenty of water. Dry Lake 6/14/2020

sfabre194
      Participant

That makes me happy. I like camping near water. Still a lot of snow on San G though.

John H
      Participant

Is there still snow on the trails up to San Gorgonio? It should be thawed enough to hike through unencumbered right?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.