Fish Creek Road (1N05)?

Home Forums Trail Conditions Fish Creek Road (1N05)?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Hikin Jim
      Participant

What’s the Fish Creek Road (1N05) like these days?  I assume the same “monsoon” rains that washed out Hwy 38 also hit the Fish Creek Road, yes?

In particular how is the area from where 1N05 crosses Coon Creek and Heart Bar Creek on up to the Aspen Grove trailhead?  In the past this has been the worst section of the road.  I have an Accord, can I make it?

HJ

shawnsisler
      Participant

Hi HJ,

Forest road 1N05 should be decent. The mudslides and flooding is occurring below the El Dorado burn areas. The El Dorado fire stopped mostly at then Forsee Creek trail and nothing else east.

With that said 1N05 is a little rough, specially before Aspen Grove trailhead. I don’t know if you want to take a low profile vehicle but if you are very careful it should make.

If you are unsure then you can park at Heart Bar kiosk and hike 1/2 mile on 1N02 then follow trail/gate across from horse camp. Take that trail across meadow to Santa Ana River trail. Go west to sign post to go south to 1N05/Aspen Grove parking/trailhead. It adds about 2 miles each way but it can be a nice hike if done early or later in the day.

SGWA volunteer

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.