Fish Creek Road open 5/4/2020

Home Forums Trail Conditions Fish Creek Road open 5/4/2020

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Ranger Lon
      Participant

Just got word from the Forest Service:

As of 5/4 Forest Service roads 1N02 (Coon Creek), 1N05 (Fish Creek) and 1N05C have reopened from winter closure for the 2020 season.

Numerous large rocks, 2 boulders and 5 trees across 1N05 were towed and trees bucked up and removed from the road bed.

Anyone wanting to access the Yellow Post sites in the Coon Creek area, or the Aspen Grove or Fish Creek trails will be able to get into those areas.

While the major road issues were dealt with up to Fish Creek, I would still caution that you might want to use high clearance vehicles on 1N05, at least until we get a better idea of just how rough that road is after the winter season.

Otherwise, enjoy!

MikeH
      Participant

Thanks!

Ranger Lon
      Participant

This was posted on the San Gorgonio Wilderness Association’s Facebook page yesterday by SGWA Volunteer Stephen Peach:

Trail report for Fish Creek trail. The road in, 1N05 is very good for a dirt road, but I would suggest an SUV, AWD or 4WD truck. Definitely need a higher clearance vehicle. The trail is well defined with a few trees across it. You will be hiking through a large burn area with lots of standing dead trees, so be aware of the wind. I hiked up to Fish Creek camp and the snow was just beginning to get patchy (8400). The burn area stops right around there so the camp is still green. Fish creek was flowing pretty well at the camp, and with the snow level it might flow for a while.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.