Is there water at Fish Creek Camp?

Home Forums Trail Conditions Is there water at Fish Creek Camp?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Matt Harmon
      Participant

Good morning

I was wondering how the water situation was at Fish Creek camp? I’ll be taking a group of scouts up there this weekend and need to know how much we should bring.

thanks

Matt

MikeH
      Participant

Hi Matt,

I know this isn’t the first-hand knowledge you were probably hoping for, but I would guess there is most likely not water at Fish Creek Camp, but there would be water about .25-5 miles  or so past the camp as that is generally pretty reliable.

On the water sources page of this website, I saw this note about the upper water source:

Fish Creek Camp:  Stream crosses trail .5 miles up from camp.  6/13/2021: stream is flowing well.

KW
      Participant

On 06/25/2021 there was water flowing across the trail not far past Fish Creek Camp.

TallSquirrel
      Participant

Just did a trip here on July 15/16. The spring about a half-mile past camp was still flowing. The flow was pretty weak and shallow. I was worried my gravity filter bag would catch a bunch of mud and debris. I was able to fill it up by holding it beneath a one foot drop. Filled up my 6 liter filter bag in about two minutes.

BrianD
      Participant

One point. My son and I filtered there last Saturday. As we were just about to begin, my son noticed an oily sheen on the water. We went further up until we didn’t see anything. So just take a look before you take water.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.