Jackstraw Water

Home Forums Trail Conditions Jackstraw Water

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Joe
      Participant

Does anyone know what the current water situation is at Jackstraw?

Ranger Lon
      Participant

The last trail report I saw was in early May when there was too much snow to locate the spring, but I can say that Jackstraw Springs normally runs well into the fall every year. It can get down to a trickle later in the summer, but with patience you can still draw water from there.

If no one else responds before you plan to go, you may want to carry a little extra just to be sure, but I am confident that you will find the spring flowing up there.

Also, if you plan to continue to the ridge or the peaks beyond, you can also stop in at High Meadow Springs camp. The water was reported to be abundant there only a week or two ago. That spring also normally runs into the fall but can be more difficult to locate. Check the maps for the locations of the spring/creeks to help locate the water at these camps.

Joe
        Participant

Thank you Ranger Lon for the info. Heading up tomorrow to test some new gear out and will be staying at Jackstraw. I’ll look for the spring and keep my fingers crossed! Stay safe

Joe
      Participant

Update on water from 6/19-6/20. Enough flow to collect as much water as you need if you’re using a collection bag and squeeze filter. Plenty of shallow pools if pumping. Jackstraw springs

Joe
      Participant

Water Update from 7/11/2020

There is still running water from both small streams at Jackstraw. FYI if you’re going to camp, the flies were thick and in swarms on everything I sat down including my tents!

Good to see you out there Ranger George!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.