Jackstraw Water

Home Forums Trail Conditions Jackstraw Water

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Ryan
      Participant

Hello,

I was curious if anyone has a water report for Jackstraw?  I’m heading up 6/8 .

Thanks!

Ryan

jkreuzig
      Participant

Ryan,

You beat me to the post!  We are heading up Forsee Creek Trail this Saturday (6/9) and staying the night at Trail Fork Springs Camp.  We are very interested in Jackstraw water as well.

Another thread has fairly recent info about Trail Fork Springs, but I’m thinking we may need to fill up at Jackstraw if necessary.  It appears that it’s going to be a warm weekend, so I want to make sure that we have enough water available.

shawnsisler
      Participant

Jackstraw Spring and Trail Fork Springs have water available and should be good thru July this year.

Trail Fork Springs has water dripping from a pipe which can be caught with a bottle or bowl to filter. It is located in the brushes at the trail junction.

Jackstraw Springs has a couple little springs spot near the camp which will need to be pumped or siphoned to filter.

SGWA volunteer

Ryan
      Participant

Thanks for the info!

jkreuzig
      Participant

Thanks! Looking forward to a nice weekend in the mountains!

Joe
      Participant

Hey all,

Headed up 6/11. Hoping to camp 1 night at Jackstraw and 1 night at Trail Fork Springs, or 2 nights at TFS.

One other fellow on another thread mentions trailfork is running slow and needs to be caught in a bucket or other vessel.

If you come back before 6/11 let me know what you find!

Ryan
      Participant

Joe,

The above report from Shawn is accurate. Jackstraw is a trickle that has a small puddle that you could pump or siphon from .  Trailfork has a bit more than a trickle coming from the pipe . I’d estimate 4 minutes to get a liter . We used a nalgene to just scoop water from a puddle, poured it in my dirty bag, and then used my Sawyer squeeze to filter it .  Hope this info helps!

Ryan

Joe
      Participant

Beautiful. I’m bringing a collapsible bucket so I can leave it for a while to catch a lot. I’ll be spending 1-2 nights there.

Thanks so much!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.