Limber Pine Bench Camp – windy?

Home Forums Trail Conditions Limber Pine Bench Camp – windy?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Chris
      Participant

Hi All,

Was up there a couple months ago and it was WINDY!  Just wondering if anyone had any info about whether or not the high winds were typical at Limber Pine Bench… it was the only location we experienced any sort of wind on our two night three day backpacking trip to San Bernardino peak.  I have another trip planned in a few weeks and just wanted more info.

Thanks!

brichardsson
      Participant

i have stayed up there several times and i do not notice that it is more windy than any other part of the sgwa, at least not in a general sense.

zippetydude
      Participant

My experience has been the same, not especially windy, when I have been through there on dozens of dayhikes over the past 20 years.  I do recall a friend telling me that he had stayed overnight there during a monsoon storm and thought he was going to die…lightning was striking all around him all night long.  It’s exposed and fairly high up, so I probably wouldn’t stay there during an electrical storm. Other than that, you probably just happened to catch a changing weather pattern that made it windy at the time.

z

MikeH
      Participant

Stayed at Limber Pine July 3-4.  Was windy when I got there, but was calm the rest of my stay.  Looking at the trees, they would seem to indicate it’s a windy area.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by MikeH.
      • This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by MikeH.
      zippetydude
      Participant

Intelligent observation MikeH!

z

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.