Limber Pine Water

Home Forums Trail Conditions Limber Pine Water

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      DaveH
      Participant

I am heading up this weekend (11/10) and was wondering if anyone could confirm water availability at Limber Pine and trail condition to SB Peak.

Thx

MikeH
      Participant

How was the water and trail, Dave?

DaveH
      Participant

I packed up enough water just in case the spring was not accessible.  The Mill Creek folks said the spring was flowing but you needed to hike upstream a bit to get to accessible water, didn’t try so I can’t confirm.  The trail is in great condition, no snow or ice, just real cold.  Glad I had the right gear, as soon as the sun sets, the temps drop dramatically.  Looks like some snow may be on the way next week, so I would get up this weekend before the trail becomes too difficult, especially above 9000 ft.

DaveH
      Participant

The trail was in great shape, no snow or ice to speak of.  I packed up water on the advice of the ranger station folks.  The spring may have been flowing, but you would need to hike upstream a bit to find accessible water flow.  I can’t confirm, but that is what I was told.  The nights are very cold, so bring the right gear if you go.  Looks like we might get some snow/rain next week, so this weekend may be the last opportunity to summit without crampons or axe.

MikeH
      Participant

Thanks Dave.  Appreciate the feedback.  Thinking of heading up there this weekend.  I’ll pack appropriately.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.