Looking for info about backcountry skiing via North Fork Trail

Home Forums Trail Conditions Looking for info about backcountry skiing via North Fork Trail

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Neil C
      Participant

I’m curious if anyone on here has done any backcountry skiing on the north face of Gorgonio recently and can comment on conditions? Considering going up there this Sunday to scope it out, without ever being there before and no reports it would be more of a recon mission without plans to actually ski anything.

Any information of recent trips would be very helpful. Thanks!

Mark J
      Participant

Hey Neil, I’ve done the north facing slopes and there are a blast. I just saw your post and I’m heading up tomorrow with my splitboard. I know it’s last minute, but I can show you the way tomorrow (Saturday) or let you know conditions for your Sunday trip. Cheers

Neil C
        Participant

Hi Mark,

Just saw your message now, planning on going tomorrow still. Please let me know how it was today. Curious if there’s corn on the right aspects/elevation. Thanks!!

Mark J
      Participant

Snow was amazing Neil. Wind is blowing great snow into the chutes. Plenty of tracks to follow to get up to Dry Lake and from there it is self explanatory. Have a great day out there!!

DavidC
      Participant

Anyone planning on skiing this Saturday the 30th of March?

My buddy and I are planning on heading out, doing some recon and maybe getting a couple turns in.

Any beta would be greatly appreciated.

Mark J
      Participant

I’m going to head up tomorrow as well. I’ll see you guys up there. Let me know if you have any questions. Cheers

Neil C
      Participant

Has anybody been up recently and can give a report??

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.