Mine shaft Saddle to Bonnie Bell (Whitewater River)

Home Forums Trail Conditions Mine shaft Saddle to Bonnie Bell (Whitewater River)

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      TJVigil
      Participant

Has anyone ever hiked down mineshaft saddle through Big tree camp and all the way down to Bonnie Bell Whitewater river?  Just curious if it is doable?

chris in redlands
      Participant

It’s been discussed here and in the old sgwa message boards. You can dig around and find those discussions. The short answer is yes, it has been done, and no, you probably don’t want to attempt it unless you are an expert in cross country travel in really nasty terrain and carry a rope that you know how to use. I’ve not done it myself. I’ll see if I can find some links when I’m at my laptop.

chris in redlands
      Participant

Here’s one. Thread

BrianD
      Participant

My son and I were/are still looking at that trip. We were reminded of the idea as we looked down recently from Bighorn. After a few hikes this summer (pre-Valley and Eldorado fires) we have been growing increasingly interested that whole side of the Wilderness.  I’ve tried again to talk to my dad about the difficulty of the trip but his memory is not so good these days, and he just doesn’t have any specific recollection, other than saying he generally remembers being glad he did the trip and equally glad he never needed to do it again.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.