Momyer Creek Trail

Home Forums Trail Conditions Momyer Creek Trail

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Ross Craft
      Participant

I’m planning on going up Momyer creek to Falls creek, stay at High Meadow Springs, then down Momyer.¬† I have been reading that Momyer is not that well marked, looking at the topo, it looks pretty steep on one section. How is Momyer¬† going down from San Bernardio Peak Divide Trail?

chris in redlands
      Participant

The section of the Momyer Creek trail that can be hard to follow is the section above the junction with the trail that connects the Momyer Creek trail to the old Falls Creek trail. From your described plan, you will not be on that section. The path you’ll follow from the Momyer Creek trail parking lot to High Meadow Springs is easy to follow. The trail is never steeper than 1,000 ft. of gain per mile, so it’s manageable by any hiker given adequate time.

The lower part of the Momyer Creek trail can be very hot this time of year, even pretty early in the morning, so either leave really early or expect it to be quite toasty for the first couple of miles.

Unless you were planning to go up to the divide from High Meadow, across the divide to where the Momyer Creek trail drops down between Anderson and San Bernardino East Peaks, your route will not include the section of Momyer that drops from the divide. If that was your plan, then be especially cautious on the way down. That section of trail is particularly easy to lose on the way down, especially if you haven’t already come up and and noted the places where the trail gets around the dozens of fallen trees blocking the actual trail.

Ross Craft
        Participant

Thanks Chris, I was actually thinking about the plan you described at the bottom of your email, maybe i will just go out and back. I’ve been on the Momyer/Falls Creek to Red Rock before, just not the Momyer section that goes straight up to the divide trail, or down in my case.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.