Momyer to San Gregornio

Home Forums Trail Conditions Momyer to San Gregornio

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Travis
      Participant

Thinking of taking the Momyer creek trail up to San Gregornio next week, does anyone know about trail conditions right now around 10000 ft?

dancpa
      Participant

I checked out the Momyer trailhead this last Sunday (4/19), but didn’t hike up there (I hiked part of the Santa Ana River Trail). Snow started perhaps 1,000 vertical feet above the trailhead.  This could rapidly change this weekend, given the heat wave that is forecast.

Tin Cup
      Participant

let us know what you find for conditions. I want to do that trail as well .

dancpa
        Participant

I hiked Momyer to Dobbs on Thursday, April 23rd.  It was clear of snow (a few small spots only) to Dobbs.  It was a hot day, as the Momyer trailhead is relatively low in elevation.

All north facing slopes still have a lot of snow.  Across Mill Creek, snow depth looked substantial on north facing slopes.  Looking up at San Gorgonio driving in, there was also a lot of snow in upper elevation areas, even on south facing slopes.  Thus, I think you’re looking at ice axe and crampons conditions above 10k for a while.

MikeH
      Participant

Someone on the socalhiking reddit page hiked the Momyer Creek Trail.  Here is the link with some info.

San Gorgonio and St. Jacinto from E San Bernardino Peak. from socalhiking

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by MikeH.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.