Momyer Trail water availability

Home Forums Trail Conditions Momyer Trail water availability

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Mulder
      Participant

Anybody about the water conditions at Momyer?  Does Saxton Camp have water?

Ranger Lon
      Participant

Saxton has a reputation of having water year around. My last report of adequate water at Saxton was from May 18 this year, but I had a more recent report from late July of water at High Meadow Spring, which is at a higher elevation, so I would be very confident on finding water at Saxton. Keep in mind that the water at Dobbs Cabin is not far out of your way, and that stream is the one that feeds the Big Falls waterfall (which is also fed by the stream up by Saxton.) You will also pass by a reliable source at the Alger Creek camp. Take advantage of those sources just in case, but you should be OK. If anyone else has been up to Saxton since May and can chime in here it would be a good confirmation. If we don’t get further input on this before your hike, please either update this thread with what you found, or share with us at Mill Creek and we’ll pass the info along.

Have fun!

Mulder
      Participant

Thank you Ranger Lon. I plan to be out there this weekend so will report back after the weekend.

Mulder
      Participant

Just wanted to report that there was plenty of water just below Saxton camp (about 0.2 miles) running across the Momyer trail.  Additionally, there was some water running across Momyer trail about 0.3 miles above Saxton Camp as well.  This was as of 8/10 and 8/11.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.