Parking Pass?

Home Forums Trail Conditions Parking Pass?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Jerry S.
      Participant

So I’m all ready to go to San Gorgornio via South Fork trailhead for the first time since I started my family 19 years ago.   Filled out my day hike permit and emailed it in…and I see that I have to buy my parking permit at Big 5?  Can’t pay for parking in the lot?

I don’t know if I should chance it or not.  Drive 2 hours and can’t park?  Drive home?

I may put it off until sunday but it’s supposed to be a beautiful day at the top tomorrow. Windy sunday.

Jerry

Kacey
      Participant

It depends on the trailhead. If there are restroom facilities then you need a parking pass. If you do not display a pass you’ll get a ticket but the fine is only $5

cyndijohnson
      Keymaster

You need an Adventure Pass, which must be purchased before you arrive. There is no method to pay for an Adventure Pass at the trailhead. The Adventure Pass is required where there are “facilities” for the public, which is true for South Fork. You can learn more about it at this link: Adventure Pass

Jerry S.
      Participant

OK.  well, I guess I’m glad I figured this out last night before I left this morning at 0330.  So I got a full night sleep.  went to Big 5 and got my parking pass and will try again tomorrow.

Thanks for the replies.

Jerry

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.