Patch

Home Forums Trail Conditions Patch

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Tin Cup
      Participant

My 12 yr old daughter just climb the summit yesterday. She is looking for a patch . Does anyone know where I can find one . The visitors center was closed .

Matt Harmon
      Participant

Etsy will have them. just search for San Gorgonio Peak. Tell her congratulations. My son was also 12 two years ago and he’s summitted for the first time

B80B70C7-C83D-4D96-AF3F-832D9410B0FF

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by Matt Harmon.
        Ranger Roxie
        Participant

We sell the patch you are looking for here at the Mill Creek Visitors Center.  It reads “I Climbed Mt. San Gorgonio” across the top of the patch, and across the bottom of the patch it reads “Elevation 11,502”.  In the center of the patch it has a pic of the mountain with trees and the words “Old Greyback” on it.  The cost is $4.95 plus tax.  We are currently open Friday, Saturday & Sundays 9am to 4:30pm.

Tin Cup
        Participant

Can I call and pay for one and you folks drop it in the mail ? It would cost me $50 in gas to come get it .

Matt Harmon
      Participant

415797CC-455B-45F4-9B98-E3269F6741CDThe elevation isn’t right but I found this. My son also summitted for the first time two years ago when he was 12. Congratulations

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1040266947/

chris in redlands
      Participant

That elevation is legit. Even if you go back 100 years, the elevation of Gorgonio was 11,485. Since then it’s always been between that and 11,503 or whatever.

Unless you’re an expert in geodessy, it’s probably prudent to not sweat differences in elevation that can be rectified by a dedicated scout troop piling rocks for a couple hours. Ha!

I’d be a proud 12 year old wearing that. (I am not, in fact, the producer of that patch. Ha!)

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.