Pending: Partial SGW Reopening

Home Forums Trail Conditions Pending: Partial SGW Reopening

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      stbrnnr
      Participant

Now posted on SBNF Forest Orders site:

Upcoming Order
      El Dorado Fire closure modification to reopen some areas of the San Gorgonio Wilderness and close new potential mud and debris flow areas. (Expected by April 10, 2021).”

I’ll post a follow-up when this revision goes up.¬† Watch this space!

Jonathan I
      Participant

Thanks!

Can hardly wait! Missing Vivian Creek trail!!!!

MikeH
      Participant

Packing the huskies up now… ūüôā

But let’s just keep this info between us here. ha ha.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by MikeH.
      stbrnnr
      Participant

Haha!¬† But it looks like the cat’s already outa the bag, Mike–reopening info also now posted on FB sites.¬† Counting down for posts all over reddit et al.¬† The permitting process is about to get pounded, i’m afraid.

Irony?¬† High Creek Camp has long been one place we always avoid due to ridiculous traffic volume and accumulated pollution (sorry, wilderness it really ain’t).¬† Under this reopening–quadrant block 14 showing as outside the closure and open–it’s now looking like the most remote legal-open campsite in SGW!¬† (should permits eventually be issued for it, etc….tbd i guess).¬† i may just have to reassess my prejudices!

MikeH
      Participant

Ya. ¬†Reddit is going to go nutz. ¬†Unfortunately, I haven’t posted over there about the wilderness being opened back up. ¬†Just haven’t gotten around to it. ūüėČ

That’s funny about High Creek. ¬†Hadn’t thought about it that way but you’re right.

Snagged a couple permits already. ¬† We’ll see if the road to FC is open in time or not. ¬†Otherwise, the other one is from South Fork for a different weekend.

Hopefully we’ll see you on the trails!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.