Permit Question

Home Forums Trail Conditions Permit Question

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      stockdogranch
      Participant

Hi, again. So I went to fill out the online permit form, and Aspen Grove is not in the drop down list of trailheads (but I know it’s open). And it won’t just let me type it in. So…?

TIA,

A

MikeH
      Participant

Not sure if this is the correct option so take it with a grain of salt, but if you have the ability, print it and hand write in Aspen Grove.  Then scan it back to your computer to email it.

stockdogranch
      Participant

That was my next option 🙂

Thanks!

A

Ranger Lon
      Participant

The Overnight form doesn’t include it because the Aspen Grove trail doesn’t have any camp locations on it. You have to connect to Fish Creek to get to the nearest camp.

That is the reason, anyway, but I see how it could be a problem searching for a lost person if someone got into trouble between the junction and the trailhead. I will look into updating the form, In the meantime, you can either write it in, or add to the Remarks box to explain you are entering via Aspen Grove. The trail you use has no bearing on whether the permit can be issued, so no worries on that point.

stockdogranch
      Participant

Thanks, Lon! I’ll make it easy and just write it in in the remarks section,

A

Hikin Jim
      Participant

I just selected “Fish Creek” on the drop down and then wrote “I will be parking at Aspen Grove” (or something like that) in the comments, but I agree Aspen Grove should be in the drop down.

The aspens are neat and appear to be doing well.  They were about 15′ high near the stream crossing by the wilderness sign when I visited over Memorial Day.

The rest of the trail was really barren due to the 2015 Lake Fire.  🙁

Things are a lot better up by Fish Creek Camp and Fish Creek Saddle which saw spot burning but not the “scorched earth” of the lower part of Fish Creek.

HJ

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.