pot farms on grinnell – STAY CLEAR

Home Forums Trail Conditions pot farms on grinnell – STAY CLEAR

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      brichardsson
      Participant

there are at least two major pot grow operations on grinnell, in the north face area above / near the lost creek trail head.

they have been reported, but it would be best to steer clear of that area for now.

shawnsisler
      Participant

USFS still considers that trail as closed because of the Lake Fire in 2015. There are no available overnight permits for the Grinnell Ridge camp. They are considering opening it next year. Thus by then they should have things like that removed and the trail cleared of obstacles.

Thanks you for reporting it and for your advise.

SGWA volunteer

brichardsson
      Participant

just for the sake of clarity, as I know plenty of folks who have  been in the area, I thought the forest closure order expired? is there a new one? I realize you can’t get a permit for the camp, but there is no trail restriction if I am correct?

shawnsisler
      Participant

Yes you are correct that the forest closure did expire and there isn’t any  new one in place but USFS has advised us not to recommend the following trails because of extreme damage: Lost Creek trail 1E09, Fish Creek trail 1W07 & Aspen Grove trail 2E05.

You can get trail status from USFS & SGWA or call Mill CreekVisitor Center 909-382-2882.

https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/sbnf/recarea/?recid=26555

Lost Creek Trail

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.