Request for Trail Conditions, Water Availability -Grand Tour Loop

Home Forums Trail Conditions Request for Trail Conditions, Water Availability -Grand Tour Loop

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Webdweeb
      Participant

I’m considering a 3 night “trans-Gorgonio” hike from Angelus Oaks to Vivian Creek, with overnights at Limber Pine Bench, High Meadow Spring and High Creek trail camps.  I would appreciate any recent beta on the trail and water availability along the way-thanks in advance.

Webdweeb
      Participant

Forgot to mention-I’m also considering the more traditional open loop from South Fork t/h to Angelus Oaks, so any comments about the relative merits of the two options would be muc appreciated.

shawnsisler
      Participant

Your original post would be a good trip but requires transportation between Angeles Oaks and Forest Falls. Your overnight stops are at places where there is usually water but the nights are getting very cool! Thus the springs might start to freeze or become very slow. This time of year it is important to check the weather reports and bring plenty of extras to keep warm because the San Bernardino peak divide can get very windy!

SGWA volunteer

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.