Snow Levels

Home Forums Trail Conditions Snow Levels

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Chris
      Participant

If anyone has up to date data on snow levels on any of the various trails it would be helpful for planning a three day trip I’m thinking of in the next two weeks. I would do a loop from Momyer over to Dry Lake and up to San Gorgonio and back out Vivian.

Thanks for your help.

beantown
      Participant

expect fully covered snow above dry lake, there is enough to ski from summit to dry lake. more snow expected this weekend. I’m planning to splitboard it mon/tue.

don’t expect to follow any trails from dry lake south fork trial or dollar lake trail to the summit. you will need to winter snow climb.

Chris
      Participant

Thanks for the info! I am trying to decide on snowshoes or not for the ascent. Last time I was there I wore crampons about 8000 but never needed the snowshoes which were just dead weight.

Chris
      Participant

Thanks for the info! Trying to decide on whether to bring snowshoes or not, last time I wore crampons about 8000ft and the shoes were dead weight. Whenever you get back an update would be great.

Whippet
      Participant

Anyone know the snow line elevation this last storm?  No doubt it was pretty high.  Thanks!

beantown
      Participant

By looking at pictures on Bens weather cam today I’d say it got some snow for sure. What elevation I don’t know. Sugarloaf in big bear has no new snow on it today and that’s at 10k barely. I was up San g for 3 days last weekend splitboarding, you can skin/ski up and down from dry lake, before is all hiking. We did a north face chute on San g and Jepson NE aspect and both were great.

beantown
      Participant

If pictures work, I saved these today from Bens weather cam

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.