South Fork Trail

Home Forums Trail Conditions South Fork Trail

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      MuffenMan
      Participant

Been searching for the latest update on the SG Wilderness since the El Dorado fire and haven’t been successful finding current information so I figured I would ask here 🙂

Does anyone know if the South Fork Trail is open? If this weather pattern holds out, I am looking at doing a San G summit via South Fork, ascending via Dry Lake and descending via Dollar Lake. I know the fire burned pretty closed to these areas but I cannot find if they burned or if the Wilderness is even open to traffic.

Any information will be appreciated.

cyndijohnson
      Keymaster

The Wilderness is closed. Based on how long it took to reopen after the Lake fire in 2015, I don’t see it reopening any time soon.

MuffenMan
        Participant

Thanks! That is what I thought, just could not find anything that confirmed it. Only a few Emergency Closure Orders that expired in October.

I think it took about 3 yrs after the lake fire before sections of the wilderness started to reopen.

Thanks for the information. Guess I will be hiking in the San Jacintos and Sierra for the foreseeable future

Bob
      Participant

If the San G wilderness itself did not burn, what reason is being given for the closure?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.