Trail Fork Springs water availability

Home Forums Trail Conditions Trail Fork Springs water availability

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Johann
      Participant

Hello!

I will be camping at Trail Fork Springs on 8/24 and was wondering what the water availability will be like?

I’m debating on whether to take the Forsee TH or John Meadows TH. If the water availability is unreliable at Trail Fork Springs, I will take the John Meadows TH for reliable water sources.

Thoughts? Thank you!

Eagle 80
      Participant

Hello Joann,

Was there water at Trailfork Springs?

Johann
        Participant

Eagle 80,

Unless I did not look hard enough, there wasn’t any water at Trailfork Springs.

I did this hike counter-clockwise and found multiple creeks along the way. This was a long hike and our last reliable water source was at Limber Pine Creek, which the water was flowing beautifully.

Good Luck!

CanadianGirl
      Participant

The report I received with regards to Trail Fork Springs is not enough available.  Dripping only slightly.

Ranger Lon
      Participant

Trail Fork Springs is running, but not from the PVC pipe that was shoved into the spring. Our reports are that you have to go down the gully a bit to find where the water is running.

MikeH
      Participant

Ranger Lon,

Do you know what is in the green tall grassy area right by the entrance to Trail Fork Springs Campground?  There appeared to be a trail  leading into the middle of it that was muddy so I assume there was water of some sort.

Jack
      Participant

I was at Trail Fork Springs Saturday. No water was flowing from the pipe, but there was a fairly strong flow from just beneath the pipe. I had no trouble getting 5L as fast as I was able to pump it.

JimmyJam
      Participant

Any recent updates on Trail Fork Spring?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.