Trip Report 11/12 Vivian Creek Trail

Home Forums Trail Conditions Trip Report 11/12 Vivian Creek Trail

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      kirode10
      Participant

Started 11/12 at 6:30am via Vivian Creek Trail, 8:30am set up camp at Half Way Camp (no water), got water at High Creek Camp and summited Old Greyback around 12:45pm. Spent 45 min up there. No snow at all at the top (except in a few shadows) a bluebird day with basically no wind. Headed back down 1:30pm got water for the night at High Creek and got back to Halfway Camp at 4:45pm. 11/13 Left Halfway Camp at 8:35am and got to our car at 9:35am. Saw a ranger on the way down going to check out alleged fire at Vivian Creek Camp. Temps were 50s and 60s during the day but got into the high 30s at night. No micro spikes needed. Only water at Vivian Creek Camp and High Creek Camp. I personally logged 21.4 miles

Matt Harmon
      Participant

We met the Ranger as we were coming down from camping at Vivian Creek Camp with my scouts. The ranger told us he got a report of a campfire above Vivian Creek camp. We never saw the campfire glow or smelled it. So that surprised us also. I hope he found the site and dispersed the illegal campfire. I wish people would just follow the rules. Night time temp at Vivian Creek camp was 37°. We had a great time.
      Matt

kirode10
      Participant

I never smelled it either. Interesting regarding your temps. We were a thousand feet higher but it didn’t get below freezing because our water didn’t freeze.

MikeH
      Participant

Thanks for the report.  🙂

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.