Trip report, San Gorgonio via Vivian Creek, June 24-25

Home Forums Trail Conditions Trip report, San Gorgonio via Vivian Creek, June 24-25

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Michael Blakely
      Participant

Vivian creek is flowing at Vivian Creek campground and just below Halfway campground. Flow is strong enough to create cascades over rocks and logs. In between the two camps, the creek must be underground as the creek bed is just moist mud for almost a mile.

High Creek is flowing at High Creek camp. Picture attached.

High Creek

We only encountered one small patch of snow next to the trail on our hike to the summit. At the top there were some snow fields a few hundred feet away, but there is not much left.

No mosquitoes. Lucky us!

dbajeremy
      Participant

Thanks for the trip report! I’ll be up there this weekend staying overnight at High Creek on Friday and summiting on Saturday. What’s the longest stretch you had to hike without access to a stream/spring?

Michael Blakely
      Participant

6 miles. High creek to the summit and back.

Bill Chapman
      Participant

I am trying to get a permit today to hike up the Vivian Creek Trail this Thursday-Saturday. I am looking for a hiking partner if anyone is interested. I am 63 years old but jog 2 1/2 miles three times a week, surf and have done a lot of backpacking over the years. (Two 50 milers-high sierras, San Gorgonio-South fork Trail, several 30 milers-Wind River Mountains, Wyoming; John Muir Trail, etc.)

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.