Vivian Creek Halfway Camp Water

Home Forums Trail Conditions Vivian Creek Halfway Camp Water

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      caninelover
      Participant

Hello,

We are backpacking the weekend of the 17th with 2 nights at Halfway Camp.  Can someone who’s done the hike recently advise of the water situation there?  Present, even just a trickle?

Thanks in advance.

MikeH
      Participant

Sorry, I can’t help you with the water status but, with the current fire, you should check to make sure the trail will be open this weekend.

caninelover
      Participant

Thanks Mike, I did see the news and am monitoring.  Any suggestions if we do need to re-route for the weekend would be appreciated 🙂  I have one beginner backpacker in the group of 3 total so am looking for something with a short pack in (2-3 miles) and hopefully a water source.

caninelover
      Participant

I just saw the twitter post from SB National Forest – Valley Fire is 95% contained and trailhead and parking are open, so never mind on my prior question about a re-route.

DWSD
      Participant

We were there on July 4 weekend, and there was plenty of water. Hopefully it holds up until the 17th!

caninelover
      Participant

Awesome, thanks so much.  We’ll still plan to top off at Vivian Creek on the way up just to be safe, but that is good news.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.