Vivian Creek Trail

Home Forums Trail Conditions Vivian Creek Trail

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      TvZ
      Participant

Hope to camp at High Creek soon. Does anyone have a recent update on water flow along the trail?

Thanks!

LarryB
      Participant

As of 11/23 there is good flowing water at Vivian Creek and High Creek. I was told there’s water at Half Way too although I didn’t walk up to see it.

Nate D
      Participant

Heading up the Vivian Creek trail to the San Gorgonio summit this Thursday through Saturday.  Just wanted to know if anyone has successfully reached the summit since the last snow came through.  Bringing snow shoes, crampons, axe, etc.. just in case.  Fed shutdown so ranger station isn’t picking up phone for trail status.

Thanks for the help here.

Nate

chris in redlands
      Participant

I have not been up Vivian to Gorgonio since the latest snows, but you can rest assured that a deep and distinct trail is established to the summit on that route. You will be well prepared with the equipment you list. May not need the snowshoes, and microspikes might do in place of the crampons, but who knows? Better safe than sorry!

A week ago there was about two feet of snow on the divide near alto diablo at ~10,500 ft with intermittent crust that would support a 200 pound hiker with basic MSR snowshoes even in the afternoon. A couple days ago on momyer, the trail was still holding more than a foot of hard crusted snow from around 9000 ft up, even on sunny south facing aspects. Be safe and enjoy! It’s beautiful up there now.

Chris

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.