Vivian Creek trail parking

Home Forums Trail Conditions Vivian Creek trail parking

• This topic has 9 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 3 months ago by Joe.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Kimi Chung
      Participant

The SG website states that Vivan Creek trail parking lot MAY BE closed.  Would anyone know if it is closed for our backpacking overnight in High Creek this Saturday March 16-17?  Thank you.

Kimi Chung

TvZ
      Participant

I’ve been reading about folks having to park and walk up to the various trailheads / parking lots. I’d call the Mill Creek Ranger Station and inquire. But, for sure High Creek and the trail should be open / accessible – with a little added distance from your vehicle. Snowshoes, microspikes, crampons, ax etc… recommended.

ranger’s ph#909-382-2882

Gaby
      Participant

Hellooo is it open already? Thanks a lot

stbrnnr
      Participant

See also (consider joining) the SGWA facebook group page– most recent report there courtesy of Ranger Dave D. is that lower Big Falls parking is open but upper Vivian TH lot remains closed.  A bit more walking may be involved but you no longer have to park all the way back down at Momyer TH–provided you arrive for an early departure.

Mike
      Participant

I was just there on Sunday 4/7 and the road is open up until the Falls Picnic area, Vivian Creek trailhead parking lot is closed. It was only about an additional ~5 minute walk to the trailhead from the picnic area parking.

Gaby
        Participant

thanks! 😉

Robin
      Participant

Does anyone know if the Vivian Creek parking lot is now open? If not, where can you park? I’m planning my hike on 7-20-2020. Thank you so very much🙏🏼

Joe
      Participant

Was the parking lot open? How was the water situation on Vivian?

Robin
      Participant

Parking lot is open👍🏼. Vivian Creek has a good flow of water. The last chance to top off water 💦 is at about mile 5 as you are exiting the high creek campground area; and the first chance to refill will be the same area about mile 13; on your way back down.

Joe
      Participant

Great! Thank you for the info!!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.