Vivian Creek Trail Status Request

Home Forums Trail Conditions Vivian Creek Trail Status Request

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      jhamell
      Participant

Hi All,

I’m hoping to make one last summit before the seasons transition and make it inadvisable given my comfort and skill level.   Sunday 5 November will be my last scheduling opportunity – can anyone offer an update on trail conditions?  I usually lug in all of my water, but my back would be thankful if there is a reliable source at High Creek this season.

My last time up Gorgonio was Oct 2016, so I am unsure what to expect.

Thanks,

Josh

jkreuzig
      Participant

Josh,

I was on Vivian Creek Trail on Oct.27.  I do remember getting water at Halfway camp. I didn’t stop at High Creek, but I believe there was still water there.

It’s going to be cold (28 F) at the top of the mountain (https://www.mountain-forecast.com/peaks/San-Gorgonio/forecasts/3505), so I’d fill up at Halfway camp.

Good luck!

Jim

shawnsisler
      Participant

Jim,

Sorry to correct you but there isn’t any water at Halfway Camp but there can be water in Vivian Creek.

Also the water is still flowing at the High Creek crossing which is 5.5 miles from the trailhead and about half way of the 9.3 miles to San Gorgonio peak.

SGWA volunteer

jhamell
      Participant

Thank you very much for the updates, really appreciate the help.

Josh

jkreuzig
      Participant

Shawn,

I stand corrected.  It must have been at High Creek camp that I filled up.

Jim

shawnsisler
      Participant

Jim,

It is an easy mistake because both camps start with “H” and High Creek Camp is about half way to San Gorgonio Peak, where Halfway Camp isn’t. And Halfway Camp isn’t even halfway to High Creek Camp because Halfway Camp is 3.5 miles and High Creek Camp is 5.5 miles.

Confusing isn’t it?

SGWA volunteer

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.