Vivian Creek Trail to San G

Home Forums Trail Conditions Vivian Creek Trail to San G

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      emcdonnell
      Participant

Does anyone have a current water report from the Vivian Ck approach to San G?  Thank you!

MikeH
      Participant

Many people use Mountain-forecast.com  I’ll try to post the link, but posts with links usually need to be approved here before they show up.

https://www.mountain-forecast.com/peaks/San-Gorgonio/forecasts/3505

jen_h
      Participant

I know the original post is old, but water info is always helpful and since you posted just before Apple fire maybe you didn’t get to go yet!

There are locations along this trail that seem reliable for water all summer/fall (have not done the trail in winter).

A stream flows near Halfway camp (around mile 3.5).  About two-thirds of the way up, I always stop to rest, have a snack, and refill at the robust stream that runs just past High Creek camp (maybe mile 6 or 7?). This is the final water source before the summit. Also perfect for a second rest/refill on the way back down.

This trail is great for not having to carry too much water, so long as you don’t mind stopping to filter. I never have more than about 1.5L with me at a given time.

MikeH
      Participant

Opened this thread and saw the reply about mountain-forecast and wondered why someone would reply with that information when the OP asked about water.

Then I realized it was me!  ha ha.  I must have read the opening post as “weather” report.. not water report.

Carry on.. 🙂

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.