Vivian trail 05 31 2020 conditions

Home Forums Trail Conditions Vivian trail 05 31 2020 conditions

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      JonAnthony
      Participant

Vivian lot is closed but big falls parking is open. Just need to walk up the dirt road to the actual TH start. Mileage from TH is as noted by FS 9 miles one way. Others posted here confuse or add miles from their parking situation at those dates. Main bathrooms still locked n porta potties really bad with no TP! Speed thru town get a ticket! Park illegally get a ticket or towed! Try reading and please pack out your trash!!! water on trail is still flowing. Too many hikers up on summit at noon to 130pm weekends. Plan otherwise for more smiles.

JonAnthony
      Participant

Actual hike date of Vivian May 25th Memorial Day. Site dies not allow for edits

Tkelsey
      Participant

What were snow conditions on Vivian?

JonAnthony
        Participant

There’s no snow on the actual Vivian trail to the SG summit. Trail is clear, water sources are good n flowing. I think you’ll have more issues with parking or toilet access.

David V
      Participant

What time is recommended to be at Big Falls parking area during the weekends before it starts filling up?  In previous years, we would arrive at 5:00a and Vivian TH Parking would already be close to capacity.  Trying to plan out as this would be our first time back this year.  Thank you.

Hikin Jim
      Participant

Wow, already full at 5:00 AM?  I would have said 6:00 AM, but I don’t frequent the Vivian Creek Trail much because of the crowds.

If it was 5:00 AM in the past, it  may be even earlier now with the crowds on the weekend.  However, only the serious peak baggers, not casual hikers, are going to be up and at the trailhead that early, so maybe arriving at or before 5:00 AM would still work.

HJ

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.