Water Near Columbine Spring Camp?

Home Forums Trail Conditions Water Near Columbine Spring Camp?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Lynne
      Participant

Anybody know if there is any water at Columbine Spring or what the nearest water source is for someone who might overnight there the weekend of July 28-30? Anything flowing at Manzanita Springs? Or perhaps at a spring Hikin’ Jim has marked a half mile up the Upper John’s Meadow Trail from Manzanita Springs?

Or do I need to go all the way to John’s Meadow Camp or Limber Pine? Thanks!

shawnsisler
      Participant

Neither Manzanita Springs or along John’s Meadow trace trail have any water. Columbine Spring had a lot of water earlier this summer and might still have some. But there is definitely water at Limber Pine Spring and John’s Meadow Camp in Forsee Creek.

Hopefully somebody can give of a more current update on the water status at Columbine Springs

SGWA volunteer

stockdogranch
      Participant

I was there overnight almost a month ago, and there was plenty of water. I’m taking some friends up there again this week. Hope there is still water!

A

Chris
      Participant

I did a scouting trip for water to both Columbine Springs and Limber Pine on August 4th….  Both had ample water, just slightly less than when I was up there backpacking in early June.  I had just planned on scouting Columbine, but several folks on the trail suggested there wasn’t water at Limber Pine Bench…. not sure if they didn’t have a map or weren’t aware that the water there is actually about a quarter mile up the trial from the camp towards San Bernardino Peak.  The stream was definitely flowing.  Am going back in two weeks – if anyone is there before then, please post water conditions 🙂

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Chris.
      stockdogranch
      Participant

I was back at Columbine Springs on the 9th, and there was still water, although it was greatly diminished from what it had been in early July.

A

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.