Whitewater Preserve

Home Forums Trail Conditions Whitewater Preserve

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      MikeH
      Participant

I didn’t realize this was in the San Gorgonio Wilderness until I got back and read more on the website. ¬†Looks like that qualifies it for a trip report posted here. ūüôā

The road to the trailhead was washed out earlier this Feb in the “Valentine’s Day Flood”. ¬†Thanks to some videos that showed up in my feed, I learned that the road was repaired and reopened Nov 1st.

Loaded both dogs in the car and made the 1.75hr trip up to the trailhead. ¬†Very nice location. ¬†Very scenic ponds and nice walking paths. ¬†Has both covered and uncovered picnic areas and full bathrooms. ¬†Parking lot is a bit small (maybe 50 spots?) so get there early. ¬†They open at 8:00am. ¬†It’s free to park there.

We walked to Red Dome (4 mile RT) and added a bit of walking once we got there. ¬†Easy hike in. ¬†Weather was perfect. ¬†Don’t go if it’s going to rain. ¬†I imagine that’s the last place you want to be in a flash flood situation.

I’ll want to go back and do the 13mile RT hike to the Mission Creek Stone House some day.

Here’s some pics.

shawnsisler
      Participant

Hi Mike H,

Great report. Thanks for the update.

Way to get out and explore our National Monument.

MikeH
      Participant

Thanks Shawn!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.