Wind

Home Forums Trail Conditions Wind

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Jack Shelton
      Participant

Hello all,

I am planning on and permitted to go up to Mineshaft Flats campground this weekend. Of course the weather is set to change quite a bit while I’m headed up, which happens to me all the time, lol. It looks like winds will gust up to 45 at that elevation from what I can tell. Anyone know if there’s a good spot within the campground that’s somewhat blocked or am I going to get hammered in the open the whole time? Thank you in advance.

Jack

BrianD
      Participant

Mineshaft itself is sort of nestled on a bench and somewhat protected. Some downed logs and big trees in the area you can hunker behind. I’ll be up in that area Sunday night and hope it’s not that windy. But I guess I should reevaluate my plan to the leave the tent at home.

Brian

Jack Shelton
        Participant

Windy.com and mountain-forecast both show Sunday as a very light breeze so you should be good to go.  Thanks for letting me know about the campground. Here’s to no NEW downed trees while I’m up there!

BrianD
      Participant

You should be ok as far as downed trees. Mineshaft hasn’t was not impacted by the fires so the standing trees are all alive. My reference to some downed trees was for possible windbreaks. They are all pretty old–at least as of last October.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.